Contact Lens Fitting/Material Policies
- Contact lens prescriptions are valid for 1 year. This is for the safety and health of your eyes, so that the doctor may evaluate your eye health regularly and make sure that the contacts you are in are still a good fit for you!
- An evaluation/fitting fee is due at the time of visit, this is not usually covered by insurance and will be the patient’s responsibility. It is non refundable. This fee will vary depending on the type of contact lenses, you can return at a later date for your contact evaluation if you prefer, and we can give you an idea of the cost of this fitting after your initial eye exam.
- Evaluation/fitting fees cover the initial contact lens visit and follow up for 90 days. If you are not happy with your contact lenses please let us know as soon as possible as you will be responsible for fees after the 90 days. We want you to be happy with your fit and vision!
- Some disposable contact lenses and planned replacement contact lenses are returnable for store credit within 60 days from purchase. The boxes must be unopened and in resalable condition. This is subject to a $5 handling fee for returning the unused lenses.
- Specialty contact lenses may have different warranties and conditions. We will be happy to go over your portion of costs as well as different policies that are in place for specialty lenses.
- Please note that some contact lens manufacturers offer a rebate on the purchase of an annual supply of contacts. We are happy to provide you with a breakdown of savings, buying an annual supply is typically the most cost effective way to purchase your lenses.
Prescription and Eye Wear Policies/Warranties
Doctor changes and non-adapts
- 90 day RX guarantee. After 90 days a $44 charge will apply to all prescription rechecks
- 90 day remake warranty from date of order. This includes prescription and material changes. Upcharges may apply. Frame changes only upon inspection of frame, upcharges may apply to frame changes, but no refunds will be given.
- Progressive lenses can be remade as a non-adapt within 90 days of purchase. No refund will be given, but lenses can be remade at no cost into a lined multifocal or single vision.
- Please be aware that there is no warranty on prescription changes after 90 days. As new glasses may take some time to get used to, please let us know within 60 days if you are not able to adapt to your new lenses.
- We are happy to make lenses for you using a current prescription from another Optometrist or Ophthalmologist. We are only able to guarantee that the lenses were made correctly according to the prescription we received. Please contact the original Doctor if a prescription recheck is needed. We will still honor the 90 day remake with a corrected prescription.
- All new frames come with a 1 year manufacturer defect warranty. Warranty does not cover accidental breakage, abuse or loss/stolen frames. All discount/clearance frames are sold as is with no warranty.
- Please be aware that you may use a frame not purchased from Valley Vision, but you do so at your own risk. We are not liable for lost, broken or damaged frames. Also, lenses can potentially be damaged during removal at the lab, so we can not guarantee the return of old lenses.
- All non-glass lenses come with a limited 1 year 1 time factory warranty against scratches which will need to be sent to the lab for inspection to determine if they will be covered.
- Additional scratch warranties can be purchased for 1 or 2 years. Our Anti Reflection Coating comes with a 2 year warranty.
- It is recommended to have a backup pair of glasses as frame and lenses will need to be sent to the lab for warranty remakes
- All sales are final on non-prescription eyewear including plano sunglasses and over the counter reading glasses. NO refund or exchanges. This also includes accessories.
Warranty periods start at the time of order and are not extendable.
- It is your responsibility to provide us with your current insurance information, it is a great help to us that you bring your most current and up to date insurance card!
- Please be aware that even if your insurance is billed you may be responsible for payment of charges incurred at your visit, you are welcome to ask about these possible charges before your exam.
- Eye examinations may be billed through vision insurance or your medical insurance. If your exam reveals a medical diagnosis like cataracts or dry eye syndrome, it is more appropriate to bill your medical insurance for the exam. You are only responsible for your co-pay and “special testing” not covered by your insurance. We will inform you of any special testing beforehand.
- If your insurance requires a referral from your primary care provider, you are responsible for obtaining this. If a referral is not obtained, you are financially responsible for the office visit charges./li>
- Please note that payments for services and material are due at time of service. All glasses and contact lens orders require at least a 50% deposit and the remainder is due at time of dispense.
Frame adjustment and repair policy
Here at Valley Vision we are happy to do what we can to adjust and fix your frame. Please be aware that we are not liable for damages to frames not purchased at Valley Vision or that are outside of the manufacturer warranty period.
We will do our best when it comes to adjusting your frame, but please be aware that if you have purchased a frame online without trying it on there may not be anything we can do to make it fit properly. It is best to start with a frame that fits you well.
Extensive and time consuming repairs/adjustments on frames not purchased from Valley Vision are subject to a $20 fee.
We reserve the right to refuse to work on any frame